Friday, December 11, 2009

final thoughts...

This class has ruined me. It has ruined me and all of the novels I liked to read before it. I have been waiting, very impatiently I might add, to read the book called Nikki Heat by Richard Castle, from the abc show Castle. Anyway, I bought a copy for both my sister and my mom, but none for me. :(

So.. it was very late one Monday night and I couldn't sleep so I thought to myself, "self. we should read the nikki heat book" and so I started it. But then the saddest thing happened. It was HORRIBLE! The writing, the imagery, the imagination, the dialogue. All horrible! So all I have to say is damn you Nabokov! Now I won't be able to really enjoy a book until I get The Original of Laura for christmas.

Ok... now that I'm done ranting about VN. I want to say a quick note to Dr. S. You have been by far my favorite professor at MSU. From my very first semester here, when you horrified me with William Faulkner, Ralph Elison and Vladimir Nabokov, I have loved every one of the classes you have taught. And I cherish all you have helped me discover throughout my 4 years here. Thank you Dr. S, you have truly made my education at MSU a worthwhile one.

1 comment: