Monday, September 7, 2009

My First Memory

I was 4 or 5, my sister was 1 or 2, and we were sitting on the floor in the living room playing with our brand new puppy, a black cocker spaniel. My dad was watching tv, my mom was in the kitchen. We were all brainstorming names for him, my mom yelled 'blackie' (this is what she calls all black animals, btw) and my dad said something silly like licorice to make us laugh. I said "broccoli," it was my new favorite word and I felt that it was the perfect name for him. My parents both laughed, like it was a joke. I got mad and started screaming "BROCCOLI, BROCCOLI, BROCCOLI" at the top of my lungs, my sister started to clap along. It was during this fit that our new puppy walked to the door and peed into my dads new shoe. Thus the name Shoey was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment